Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hanging in there...

I had a hard day today. Megan has not been feeling her best, and I have had to hold her all day. She threw a tantrum at the grocery store, and I almost abandoned my cart to go home (via McDonald's for a DIET COKE). I yelled at my girls for getting soaked and muddy in a puddle right before we left for joy school - so we had to go inside and do a complete outfit change for both of them. We were 30 min late for school. My skin is bad. The dogs almost drove me to the funny farm with their barking and begging. During my lessons this afternoon, Megan was throwing tantrum after tantrum - I really should not have charged my students. It is days like this that I think that I am not doing a very good job at being a mother or a teacher or a...you name it! I am so thankful for Michael. It seems like he walks in, and life is manageable again. He calms me and cheers me and chats with me about random stuff. He loves to play with the girls and somehow everything and everyone is happy when it is time for dinner. He is a total miracle worker. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made.

4 comments:

becca said...

"Some days are like that. Even in Australia." Whenever I have a bad day, I love to read one of my favorite childhood stories, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." It is a cute reminder that tomorrow will be better.

Amy said...

Aw, isn't that the truth! I'm fairly certain that motherhood was invented only to challenge our abilities to stay sane! And amen on the rejoicing for the help of a good husband. Seriously, how in the world do single parents cope?

Prestwich Family said...

Ditto for me to. All I need to do is call up Travis, rant for 10 minutes, while he says nothing and just listens. Then I am good to go till he gets home! You are doing great Amy! We all know how you feel and feel for you. Hopefully tomorrow WILL be better.

Natalie said...

That sucks. And it was probably raining too!