Friday, January 18, 2008

my week

Hey All! I haven't blogged in such a long time, and looking at everyone elses blogs, it seems that everyone else has been slacking as well, so I don't feel as bad. What a crazy week I have had. A week ago today I had a near-death experience that left Michael literally shaking - I won't share the story on my blog, but will share in person:). Then on Saturday I was on my way to a coaching, and my tire blew out on the freeway. I seriously thought...."well, I didn't die last night, but I am going to die today!". A nice man stopped and changed my tire while holding a cup of coffee.
Saturday night we went to see "The Pajama Game" at McNary High School (my student plays the lead - yes!). The girls were so sweet, and loved clapping at all the right parts. Hannah did great staying in her seat, but Megan was in the Lobby most of the time.
On Sunday I taught my CTR 6 class, and I had brought in 3 boiled eggs in a "nest" as an object lesson. Well, I feel horrible, but I led the class to believe that the eggs were little birds getting ready to hatch - and the class was so excited, they watched those eggs every second and handled them so gently. Then as they left, all of the kids told me to make sure the birds got back to their moms. I felt like I had totally decieved them.
On Tuesday I went to my first symphony rehearsal with Maestro Kalmar. He is German, and the piece we are doing is in German, and my German is horrrrrrrrrible, and so he spent the whole night helping me with my German. "Z -uh-mmen --- not Z -oo-mmen", "K-aye-fer ---not K-eh-fer". When I got home, I called my coach in tears. His advice? "Learn the DAMN German!" I see the maestro again tomorrow and I am seriously afraid...
Anyway, I open with the symphony tomorrow, and I get to wear my beautiful new gown (thanks Becca!). My sister Lisa is here to visit her ...um...friend? He lives in Gresham, so she gets to come to the show.
WAHOO!

7 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

I glad to hear you are still with us. I hope you are alright and am waiting anxiously to hear what happened. And good luck with zer Deutch!

Natalie said...

Wow, I'm glad you're still alive. I'm really curious about what happened. Sounds like a good story is coming! If you need any help with German, maybe you can listen to some German talk radio on the internet. Who know's what they talk about, but it might help you get the feel for it. Good luck with it!

Cassie and Chad said...

WOW Amy I want to know what happened to you...I am so glad you are alright!! Good luck with the German, I can't believe you are still doing that stuff...you truley are amazing. By the way did you hear about Devin's mom?

Arin said...

What the heck happened to you...okay going to the phone right now...

Farns said...

Hey Mike! I found you!! This is Eric Farnsworth... you know, from back in the day! Man it's been a long time. I've spent the past 3 days trying to track you down, and finally found your blog! I haven't had much chance to read it yet, but I've flipped through the pictures, and you guys have some cute kids!! Well, if memory serves, you just had a birthday! Happy belated, man. Drop me a line when you get a chance, let's catch up! My email is FarnsMail@gmail.com. Later!

Karen Scoffield said...

Amy..I am so excited that you have a blog. I somehow didn't know you had one and I came across it. Your girls and darling and I laugh when I read your posts.

Cassie and Chad said...

Amy, it is time to update your blog...I love reading it!!!