Friday, July 18, 2008

Karly

What a crazy few weeks this has been. Ive been rehearsing like crazy for the Pamplin show, which is going really well. We opened last week. Its so embarrasing to move on spindly 4" heels while pregnant. Somehow I feel so silly on stage.

Then, we had our foster daughter, Karly, move in. She is a darling and has adjusted really well, so it seems. Hannah and Megan are also doing really well. I think that I am the only one who is struggling. Somehow I am mourning the loss of our old "family"...the way things were and how we did things and the dynamic in our home. Im having a hard time not showing favoritism to my own girls, getting annoyed easily...everything! I have to say that I pray about every 5 min., and I am improving!!! I know that as more time passes, I will do better. This experience has really brought out my faults, and I have to say that I am glad because now I can work on becoming a more kind and loving person

Also, Karly is African American, and doing her hair is a challenge. Its getting better though. Today we did 4 pony tails...maybe we'll do 6 tomorrow. I haven't attempted the braids & beads yet. I feel so bad pulling her hair as I try to get the knots out, but she seems to have a really tough head!

My pregnancy is going good. Of course it has its ups and downs. I feel really good most of the time, but I am not gaining any weight. I haven't even reached my pre-pregnancy weight yet. Its hard to gain weight when all you want to eat is nectarines and watermelon. Last night all I wanted was a bowl of watermelon - which I had. 2 min later I threw up the watermelon so violently that I had to throw away the magazines in the bathroom because they got wet. gross. Michael closed the windows to "save" the neighbors, he said.

The girls and I have really been having a great time this summer. We go to the park every day, we see the free movies on Tues or Wed. We play in the hose. My tan lines are horrible. I haven't been teaching as much, and boy what a difference that makes! I love having that extra time to make dinner, or whatever.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So glad to see an update from you. Looks like your life is getting even busier - looking forward to talking to you Monday at lunch (I hope you are still coming!)

Cassie and Chad said...

WHAT??? You blow me away!!! Aren't you super busy with your kids, being pregnant (by the way how nice to not be gaining any weight) being in whatever play you are in and now a foster child? You are amazing, how long does all of this last? No wonder you never blog, how do you find the time? By the way do you know what you are having yet?

Daniel and Leslie said...

Amy,
You are the greatest mom. And I know that your girls know that. And I know Karly is happy to be a part of that too. Don't be afraid to be overwhelmed. IT IS HUMAN!

Much Love :)